- TRAILERS & TRAILER REPAIRS
- TRAILER PARTS
- VIDEOS AND ARTICLES
- CONTACT US
So you’re looking at buying a used boat, you have your check list ready, is the shell ok, does the motor turn over, does the interior have any rips or scratches, but what about the trailer? Do you have a check list for that?
Most people don’t even think about looking at the trailer, as long as the wheels are on and it has rego the trailer must be fine, right? Wrong.
There are a number of things that should be checked before buying a second hand trailer. Let’s start with the obvious:
- Are the lights attached and working?
- Do the rollers move on the trailer?
- Is there any cancerous rust in the frame (rust that has eaten through the metal)?
- Is the axle rusted out?
And if the trailer has brakes:
- Does the brake adjuster move?
- Is the brake cable rusted out?
- Do the callipers move?
- Is there plenty of pad left on the brakes?
Repairs on a trailer can cost well into the thousands so keep that in mind when you’re negotiating a price on a used boat. If you would like to know more about repairs to trailers, contact BOLD Trailers, The Trailer Repair Specialists on 02 8544 0493.